Enrollment number is issued to any aadhar card applicant to avail his card. However, this number comes really handy if you have lost your aadhar card too. Enrollment id can be easily retrieved from the official Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). Following is a brief of the process to Aadhaar card application from be followed.
- Name, as spelled in the form for aadhar card
- Registered e-mail id or registered mobile number
Steps to Follow to Retrieve Enrollment Number or EID
- Visit the following link http://resident.uidai.net.in/find-uid-eid
- As the webpage opens, you will find a blank form with empty fields such as name, registered email id and or or your registered mobile number.
- Fill up all the fields one by one, keeping in mind, that the name is spelled properly and the email id and the registered mobile is the same as mentioned previously in the details. Otherwise, you will not be able to retrieve your enrollment id.
- As soon as the correct details are entered and the button at the bottom is hit then know status from here, the system sends a one time password (OTP) to your mobile number and a verification link to your email.
- When you enter the OTP or click on the verification link, the transaction is successful and you receive your enrollment number almost instantly.
- Like any other OTP, the OTP for this transaction expires too. Therefore, it is best to devote 10 minutes to the process instead of multitasking and having several failed attempts.
- If you cannot find the verification link email in your inbox, check your spam and junk folder immediately.
- The verification link, like OTP is valid for a limited period too. So take care that your mailbox is open in the next tab while you initiate the process on the UIDAI site.